ECP and ESP team members requesting access to Sunspot/Aurora should go to this page for the list of pre-requisites: https://www.alcf.anl.gov/support-center/aurora/getting-started-sunspot#pre-req. The following set of instructions are for non-Aurora early hardware/software resources.
1. Request an Argonne Collaborator account if you are not from Argonne by following the instructions on this page : request a collaborator account. If you are from Argonne, you can skip this step and proceed to the next step. Note: If your Argonne Collaborator has expired, you must resubmit an Argonne Collaborator request to regain access and follow the same steps listed below to regain JLSE access. The Argonne Collaborator system will likely ask you to choose a different username however the Service Desk will ensure your previous username remains as your default username. For issues with Argonne account passwords or to request a change in the email address tied to your Argonne Collaborator account, please contact the Service Desk at [email protected] or 630-252-9999
2. Log in to https://accounts.cels.anl.gov with your Argonne credentials. For non-Argonne users, this is your Argonne Collaborator account and it can only be used after your temporary password is changed to a permanent password. See step 8 on request a collaborator account page for details. If you need assistance with your password, call the Argonne Service Desk at 630-252-9999, option 2.
3. Click the “Join Project” link on the left side of your account management page to request the “jlse” project. Note that you should click on Join Project and not Join Unix Group. Project memberships must be approved by the owner or a proxy. Approvals can take up to a week or more, in some cases.
4. After you have logged in, setup your SSH RSA public and Private keys. See SSH Public Key Authentication for more information.
5. To check if you jlse project membership request is approved, log in to your account at https://accounts.cels.anl.gov and check the status in the navigation bar on the left-hand side. If you see “jlse” listed under the tab “Membership Requested”, then your request is pending approval. As mentioned above, approvals can take up to a week or more, in some cases.
6. You will be required to enroll in the new CELS DUO MFA system on your next login to the accounts system.
Note to foreign national users: The U.S. Department of Energy has guidelines and requirements for foreign visitors who access its facilities and sites. This guidance is issued in DOE Order 142.3, which is part of Argonne’s contract; therefore, all foreign visitors (non-U.S. Citizens) must obtain authorization prior to using JLSE resources. If you are a foreign national and do not have current authorization credentials, you will require an ANL-593 (Foreign National Access Request) form. Foreign National Applicants must have the following information available before you apply for an account: passport, immigration/residence documents, dates and institutions of degrees conferred.
If you are transitioning from an Argonne appointment to external collaborator, after your appointment ends, follow the directions above to get a collaborator account. If possible, use the same username but with the “ac.” prefix (e.g. “username” would become “ac.username”). After your collaborator account is created, let us know at [email protected] that you want to transition your JLSE account to this login. You cannot apply for the collaborator account while your Argonne appointment is current.
Unless explicitly noted, the JLSE mailing lists, computing environment, and wiki are NOT to be used to discuss, store, or operate with any NDA/RSNDA, Official Use Only (OUO), or Business Sensitive information.
JLSE is a shared environment that is focused on development compute resources. It is not a production compute facility. Users are expected to consider others in the length and quantity of resource usage. If there is contention for a resource, it’s expected that you will be considerate of other users’ deadlines and priorities against your own.
Note to Account sponsors: If you are expecting to see a collaborator account but have not seen anything, check https://apps.inside.anl.gov/cgp/list_pending to see if you have accounts awaiting your approval.